Sunday, January 09, 2005

Getting started -- Hi!

This is a little experiment in blogging, to determine whether there's an audience for information and musings on the local history scene in Cleveland, Ohio. While Cleveland-centric, I expect to discuss things over the entire historical Western Reserve region of Northeast Ohio, particularly Lake County, where I grew up. I expect that there will be some emphasis on topics near and dear to me in my role as Special Collections Librarian, at the Cleveland State University Library (imagine an approprate disclaimer here about how this doesn't reflect the opinions of CSU, etc.), such as railroads, bridges and other industrial archeology topics; the layout and mapping of Cleveland and the Western Reserve, an area of personal interest; and our on-going work with the Cleveland Memory Project (http://www.ClevelandMemory.org) . Indeed, I expect to be digging up material for this blog which will be recycled in the News from Cleveland Memory monthly e-newsletter. But first I need to figure out how to build and feed a blog, so stand by....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home