Saturday, April 04, 2009
News, commentary, information and musings on the history of greater Cleveland and the Western Reserve region of Northeastern Ohio, particularly its bridges, railroads, maps and historic landmarks and events. Using new web-based technologies, such as GIS, to improve libraries' ability to increase access to local history. More recently I'm adding information on the arts, particularly outdoor sculpture.
- Name: Bill Barrow
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States
- Did Cleveland have a Fleet Street?
- The Hidden City Revealed: A Walking Tour (1988)
- Cleveland's 25 Biggest Moments: 1972-1997
- News articles on the Cleveland Union Terminal
- Where is the Bates mural?
- Generational Divide?
- Dedication set for Historical Marker honoring Huds...
- Creating Access, Use and Relationships
- "Virtual Cleveland"
- Moses Cleaveland died 200 years ago today
- Cleveland Area History (Christopher Busta-Peck)
- The Civic Art: Cleveland Architecture & Urban Design (Daniel DeAngelo)
- Bluestone Heights: Conversation on NEO Places (Roy Larick)
- Lessons of Cleveland History (Dan Ruminski)
- A Terminal Tower Souvenir Collection
- Preservation Sans Politics
- Eyesore of the Month
- Brewed Fresh Daily (sans George?)
- Apparently inactive blogs:
- More Than a Building
- Shaker Heights Restoration
- really bad cleveland accent
- Cool History of Cleveland