Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ohio Architects, Engineers and Builders magazine

Within the space of ten minutes yesterday, two completely different people told me about the Ohio Architects, Engineers and Builders magazine. I'd never heard of it before then, but received an email announcing someone's pleasure at stumbling across it. I then walked out to the reading room in Special Collections and someone else started telling me about it again. No relation between them, either.

Although I haven't looked into it myself yet, OAEB reportedly published at least in the period 1905 to 1917. It announced new building projects around the metropolitan region and showed photos of many properties, which in particular was what got my informants excited. The publication started out without "Engineers" in the title, but apparently added it later. From what little I saw, it looks to be more about building than anything else, but since builders are socially below architects, perhaps adding architects to the title (and engineers) elevated the status of the publication. Maybe someone else can give a better assessment of it. I understand that it's found at Cleveland Public Library.

Labels: , , , , ,