Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Able to Leap Fenn Tower in a Single Bound!


Bill Becker, the CSU Archivist, just shared this document with me, which is a 1942 letter from the Dean of the School of Business at Fenn College, to the instructor of a drawing class, letting him know that Joseph Shuster, the illustrator of Superman comics, was enrolling in his class. He said:

Feb. 19, 1942
Mr. Hans Busch:

Yesterday I registered for the class in freehand drawing Mr. Joseph Shuster who is the artist who draws the SUPERMAN comic strip in our newspapers. I think you will probably find Mr. Shuster an interesting student and will be glad to work with him in terms of his individual needs and interests.

If you do not read SUPERMAN, please call at this office and I will introduce you to this particular branch of Literature.

P.R.A.

[note, this is Dean Paul R. Anders]


Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:34 AM, Blogger Christopher Busta-Peck said...

I wonder how he did in the class.

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Shirley Wajda said...

What fun! And Hans Busch was a member of the Kokoon Arts Klub.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger KenT. said...

Anyone having information on Hans Busch please call me. 216-544-9592. Myself and my nephew are compiling a history of Mr. Busch and any help would be appreciated.
Ken

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger KenT. said...

My nephew and I are compiling a history of Hans Busch and Fred Siegel. Would anyone Anyone with information e-mail or call.
Ken
216-544-9592

 

Post a Comment

<< Home