Monday, May 15, 2006

Smoochie Gordon and the One O'Clock Club

Having successfully talked my wife into baking some toll house cookies yesterday, I went digging through my late aunt's papers, seeking her mother's recipe. There I stumbled upon grandmother's membership card to Bill "Smoochie" Gordon's famous One O'Clock Club and a typewritten note from him, welcoming her to the club. They got her name wrong, spelling it Barron instead of Barrow, but the card and note are in almost-pristine condition. It was especially nice to find them as I'd just met Bill Gordon during the taping of an oral history he did with Mike Olszewski as part of Mike's practicum at CSU's Special Collections. (The cookies were great!)

1 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I realize this is old, but for some unknown reason I found myself doing a websearch for Bill "Smoochie" Gordon, on whom I had my first big crush, when I was 12 and he was a disc jockey on a local Memphis radio show. Is he still alive, and is there some place I can email him?

Dawn Butler Vincent
dawn0916@bellsouth.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home