Wednesday, July 05, 2006
News, commentary, information and musings on the history of greater Cleveland and the Western Reserve region of Northeastern Ohio, particularly its bridges, railroads, maps and historic landmarks and events. Using new web-based technologies, such as GIS, to improve libraries' ability to increase access to local history. More recently I'm adding information on the arts, particularly outdoor sculpture.
- Name: Bill Barrow
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States
- Art & Art Deco tours of Cleveland
- A look at the Food Terminal
- Progress report on the Museum of Art renovation
- The use of eminent domain in Cleveland's Flats
- Events commemorating President Garfield
- A new approach to local history, part one: History...
- What happened at the big Hulett meeting June 22nd?...
- Ohio Historical appoints Jelain Chubb as new State...
- Ghost signs and commercial Cleveland
- Nominations for Cleveland Heights historic preserv...
- Cleveland Area History (Christopher Busta-Peck)
- The Civic Art: Cleveland Architecture & Urban Design (Daniel DeAngelo)
- Bluestone Heights: Conversation on NEO Places (Roy Larick)
- Lessons of Cleveland History (Dan Ruminski)
- A Terminal Tower Souvenir Collection
- Preservation Sans Politics
- Eyesore of the Month
- Brewed Fresh Daily (sans George?)
- Apparently inactive blogs:
- More Than a Building
- Shaker Heights Restoration
- really bad cleveland accent
- Cool History of Cleveland