Tuesday, August 04, 2009
News, commentary, information and musings on the history of greater Cleveland and the Western Reserve region of Northeastern Ohio, particularly its bridges, railroads, maps and historic landmarks and events. Using new web-based technologies, such as GIS, to improve libraries' ability to increase access to local history. More recently I'm adding information on the arts, particularly outdoor sculpture.
- Name: Bill Barrow
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States
- Levi Scofield's house
- Tomorrow's GCHDLC Meeting
- Tours of Historic Cleveland
- Ohio Historical Society Reinvents Itself For Futur...
- Virtual Tour of East Cleveland Township Cemetery
- New Book on Veterans Bridge Coming in Fall
- The Innerbelt Bridge is Having Twins
- Celebrating Paper: The 25th Anniversary Ohio Prese...
- CSU Finances Sale of Downtown YMCA Bldg.
- The Grand Plan for Freeways Across Cleveland
- Cleveland Area History (Christopher Busta-Peck)
- The Civic Art: Cleveland Architecture & Urban Design (Daniel DeAngelo)
- Bluestone Heights: Conversation on NEO Places (Roy Larick)
- Lessons of Cleveland History (Dan Ruminski)
- A Terminal Tower Souvenir Collection
- Preservation Sans Politics
- Eyesore of the Month
- Brewed Fresh Daily (sans George?)
- Apparently inactive blogs:
- More Than a Building
- Shaker Heights Restoration
- really bad cleveland accent
- Cool History of Cleveland